20 – 26 June 2021 marks Refugee Week.
Let us continue our commitment to walking with the excluded by accompanying, serving and advocating for these communities here in Australia and around the world.
Jesuit Refugee Service Australia has provided the following recommendations for how you can learn, listen and lend a hand.
- Read Hava Rezaie’s article ‘Campaigning for Afghan women’s rights’ in Eureka Street.
- Read JRS Australia’s statement for Refugee Week 2021.
- Read JRS Australia’s and Vinnies NSW’s new policy briefs on key issues affecting people seeking asylum.
- Read JRS International’s call for vaccine equity in 2021.
- Read the UNHCR’s Global Trends and Global Reports 2020.
- Read about what one school in the Blue Mountains is doing to support people seeking asylum.
- JRS Australia’s Finding Safety Insights and Learnings Forum on Wednesday 23 June 2021.
- Vinnies NSW’s Refugee Week 2021: United For Freedom Webinar on Wednesday 23 June 2021.
- Amnesty International’s and the Kaldor Centre’s Making Australia Home Conversation on Friday 25 June 2021.
Lend a hand:
- Help refugees to survive and thrive by donating to JRS Australia’s Winter Appeal 2021.
- Sign up to JRS Australia’s E-Newsletter to receive the latest updates in service, accompaniment, and advocacy.
- Walk with refugees and people seeking asylum in the Catholic Diocese of Parramatta (Sydney).
- Organise a community conversation or workshop for your community group or school.