The Bookends Project invites you to celebrate National Reconciliation Week 2021 May 27 – June 3.
More than a Word, Reconciliation takes Action is the theme for National Reconciliation Week (NRW) 2021.
It encourages all Australians to reflect on the part they play – whether big or small – on our journey towards reconciliation.
Below are some ways to engage this Reconciliation Week.
- Learn about the reconciliation journey through the Reconciliation Australia website
- Read the Uluru Statement from the Heart and reflect on its message
- Listen to, learn from and celebrate First Nations Stories and engage with First Nations businesses to support local during and beyond National Reconciliation Week
- Seek advice and questions from First Nations experts on your questions (Click here to view a terminology guide to inform your communication)
- Engage with your local First Nations community. Find your local Aboriginal Corporation, Land Council or Traditional Owner Group
- Learn about Acknowledgement of Country. Commit to them in your workplace, parishes and social networks
- Find ways to speak about reconciliation in your prayers, at work, in your parishes and through your social networks
We invite you to share your reconciliation activities and reflections on social media and tag the Australian Jesuits Facebook page.
Please contact Hannah Welch or Anne Nesbitt if you have any ideas or questions.
To learn more about the Bookends Project, click here.
We acknowledge Traditional Owners of Country throughout Australia and recognise the continuing connection to lands, waters, and communities. We pay our respect to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures; and to Elders both past and present.