The Australian Jesuit Province is working in partnership with the Australian Childhood Foundation in implementing best-practice policies and standards to protect the children and vulnerable adults in our care.
The ACF’s Safeguarding Children Program is a voluntary accreditation scheme for organisations who have a duty of care to children and young people. It systematically builds the capacity of organisations to keep children and young people safe from abuse and exploitation by staff, volunteers or other relevant related individuals.
The program supports organisations to:
- enhance and maintain a collective culture that promotes the safety of children and young people;
- review, design and execute specific policies and procedures to protect children and young people;
- provide relevant training to management, staff and volunteers;
- engage the involvement of children, young people and their parents/carers in safeguarding practices;
- implement a consistent set of endorsed operational standards at every level; and,
- respond effectively to situations in which a child is abused or exploited by an individual involved in the management or delivery of a service or activity.